The Fermi Problem
How Fermi could estimate things!
Like the well-known Olympic ten rings.
And the one hundred states,
And weeks with ten dates,
And birds that all fly with one wings.
Beware the power of 10.
Merkel said she would support nobody on Saturday
pls we all know you will support Bayern because you have a crush on zis guy:
“The thing with FC Bayern is that you either hate them or love them. It’s rare that you will happen across someone who falls in between. However, I promise you this. If you fall in love with this club, it’s a club that you will love until the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse descend upon us. You will laugh them, you will bleed with them, and you will cry with them. This is a team that will make you tear your hair out with frustration, make you laugh when they celebrate league titles by pouring beer on their coach, and who you should never give up on during the first half because the second half is when they come back swinging.” (x)
Reading list update
- The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
- The Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene
- The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking
- The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
- A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
For personal interest only:
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Fahreinheit-451 by Ray Bradbury
- The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L. Shirer
- The Trial by Franz Kafka
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind
- Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
- Quie Flows the Don by Mikhail Sholokov
- Havana Bay by Martin Cruz Smith
- Wolves Eat Dogs by Martin Cruz Smith
- Stalin’s Ghost by Martin Cruz Smith
- Three Stations by Martin Cruz Smith
Six Graves to Munich by Mario Puzo Chess Story by Stefan Zweig
- Physicists by Friedrich Durrenmatt
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The first thing I did in the lab today was breaking the uncertainty principle.
[21 May 1986] Happy Birthday Mario Mandžukić